RECORD SALES & AWARDS
14 million albums sold worldwide over a catalogue spanning seven studio albums, three seasonal recordings, six live recordings, three compilations and three DVDs.
Canadian sales awards include one five-times platinum certification for sales of over 500,000 copies (The Visit), two four-times platinum certifications for sales of over 400,000 copies (The Mask and Mirror, The Book of Secrets), one platinum certificate for sales of over 100,000 copies of An Ancient Muse, four gold certifications for sales of over 50,000 copies (Elemental, To Drive the Cold Winter Away, Parallel Dreams, A Winter Garden: Five Songs for the Season) and triple platinum for sales of the concert DVD Nights from the Alhambra.
U.S. sales awards include one double-platinum certification for sales of over two million copies for The Book of Secrets, whose success was led by the radio-driven Top 20 Billboard single “The Mummers’ Dance”, which became a worldwide hit. U.S. sales awards also include two gold certifications for sales of over a half million copies (The Mask and Mirror, The Visit).
Italian sales awards include silver certification for An Ancient Muse. Gold certification sales awards were granted for Nights from the Alhambra in Australia and Germany. Gold, platinum and multi-platinum sales awards in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, New Zealand, Spain and Turkey.
- GRAMMY Award nominee, Best New Age Album 2013, for Troubadours on the Rhine.
- GRAMMY Award nominee, Best Contemporary World Music Album 2007, for An Ancient Muse.
- North American Folk Alliance Award, World Music Recording of the Year 2008, for An Ancient Muse
- Juno Award nominee, Music DVD of the Year 2008, for Nights from the Alhambra
- Billboard International Achievement Award, 1997
- Juno Award, Best Roots/Traditional Album 1994, for The Mask and Mirror
- Juno Award, Best Roots/Traditional Album 1992, for The Visit
COMPOSITION AND MUSIC USE FOR THEATRE AND FILM
- Original music for “The Merchant of Venice”, The Stratford Festival of Canada, 2001
- Original music for the National Film Board of Canada Studio D documentary series “Women And Spirituality”, 1985-1989
- Film soundtrack contributions include the Hollywood productions “Highlander III”, “Jade”, “Holy Man” and “Ever After” (trailer), Jean-Claude Lauzon’s feature film “Léolo”, the Canadian/Venezuelan feature film “Una Casa Con Vista Al Mar” and the award-winning Italian director Marco Tullio Giordana’s “Quando Sei Nato”
- Composed and performed a key song for the Disney release “Tinker Bell”, which she also narrated, 2008
- Composed and performed a featured song for the Disney production “The Santa Clause”, 1994
- Television soundtrack uses include TNT’s miniseries “The Mists of Avalon”, and American series “Due South”, “Northern Exposure”, “Legacy” and “Roar”
AWARDS & HONOURS
- Member of the Order of Canada, 2004
- Member of the Order of Manitoba, Canada, 2003
- HRH Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal, 2002
- HRH Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012
- Knight of the National Order of Arts and Letters, Republic of France, 2013
- Royal Canadian Air Force Commander’s Commendation in recognition for outstanding professionalism and dedication, 2013
- Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner’s Commendation for continued community service in promoting water safety, 2003
- Honorary Doctor of Letters, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada, 2002
- Honorary Doctor of Laws, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2005
- Honorary Doctor of Laws, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 2005
- Honorary Bachelor of Applied Business, George Brown College, Toronto, Canada, 2010
- Canadian Ambassador, Hans Christian Andersen Bicentenary, 2005